Excerpt from 'The Genetic Key Diet' by Dr. Steven Nugent
'I have heard every excuse you can think of regarding exercise. If you choose not to exercise, it's a choice. Here are some of my favourite excuses: - I don't have time - I am too tired - I travel too much in my job - I can't afford a gym membership or home equipment.
I am going to address those excuses, but to make it simple those are reasons not excuses.
In 2005, I was on the road 310 days out of 365. Do you travel more than me?
My typical day is an early morning trip to the airport and flight to cities in any of 10 or more countries. When I arrive at my lecture venue, there are meetings and conference calls that go on all day until the evening lecture, which is nearly always preceded by a nutritional business dinner. After the lecture, that takes at least two hours, I typically answer questions that can go on for hours. When I get to my hotel room, my average day has lasted 14 to 18 hours, sometimes longer. Do you think I'm not tired from my schedule and workload?
You don't need a gym membership....It is important to warm up before exercise. I prefer to use the word activity rather than exercise as exercise has so many negative connotations.....Any activity can help you in your quest to increase lean body mass, and/or improve body composition.
Warming up basically consists of stretching your muscles, doing stretches on your legs, arms and back. Stretching the muscles increases the blood flow to the muscles, which is known as warming up. If you stretch before you begin physical exercise, you will be less sore, with less discomfort from the exercise as a result.
The first exercise any human ever got was probably walking; it still is one of the best.
Exercising the quadriceps, which require the most oxygen and are the large long muscle between your knees and your hips, is by far the most important for cardiovascular fitness and aerobic in general. Walking, running, cycling dancing, all work nicely for those muscles.....Keep it simple and zero cost, walking is great! Yes there are a zillion other methods I have not mentioned, but you get the idea.
Mannatech Inc. products are at the cutting-edge of nutritional science. Glyconutrients are necessary for optimal health and well being but are generally missing from our diets.